I am going to be streaming it as I play on my channel at twitch.tv/doan2300.
(may be slightly triggered because this reminds me of a worse incident in my life and I wanted to prevent it from happening again)
from now on, Twitter gets used for spamming streams, squeeing at kittens, retweeting disaster relief campaigns that don't piss me off with shock images and finding out about deals on games slightly earlier.
I also think of Soleil as very much a proto-Undertale, much more so than Earthbound. So many basic features of Undertale pop up in Soleil
SOME POTENTIAL SPOILERS - humans making peace with monsters, getting into fights due to misunderstandings that can be resolved, also involving shapeshifting/possession being trapped underground, even flowers being trolls.
The focus will almost certainly end up being Trails in the Sky, Phantasy Star or Stella Glow.
|There's a first time for everything: First times||Hey, it's that guy: Minor characters||Quarantine||Body Swap / Body Share||Push and Pull|
|Introspection||I am your father/mother||Falls the Shadow||A Blessing is Bestowed||Flavour|
|Kids / Babies||A Terrible Solution||Wild Card||Quarks||Afternoon|
|Stream of Consciousness||We're all going to die!||Kissing||Angst||Pre- Slash / Femslash / Het|
|Imprisonment||Natural Colours||Opposite Sides of the Track||Vignette||Werewolves|
Technically two humans survive the Ragnarok, but I think you need you need fully alive and embodied humans, not Einherjar, and also a male and a female, not Arngrim and Lawfer.
My current best thinking is to invent some kind of kinky ritual for them to perform that requires them to have a strong soul-bond and allows them to spiritually survive the Ragnarok. something like the magic in the Night Circus.
second thing to think about - Small Fandom Big Bang is coming up soon!
possible concepts for a full sized big bang:
- a longer version of my Tales of Xillia/Stella Glow crossover where Rowen ends up the Conductor of both worlds
- Phantasy Star 1 prequels, ranging from Odin's Incompetent Adventures With Myau to something as old as the Rykrosians creating the solar system in the first place, maybe some prior contact with Earth?
- Phantasy Star 3 fic centred around Mieu taking over the Kingdom. The last one was Mieu/Wren as a side story, but I might change it to a main character being lost and Mieu having to take over with Wren. Or Mieu actually convincing one of the main characters to marry her (maybe Ayn?), then they have all the angst of knowing Mieu will outlast him, realising Mieu is going to be a nigh-immortal Queen unless she dies in battle... or maybe even tempted to become a cyborg himself? It's an interesting concept.
Meme lifted from shamanicshaymin
Rules: Choose any 3 fandoms (in random order) and answer the questions. Then tag some friends.
(I'm not tagging, anyone reading, feel free to use this!)
OK, I used my AO3 account and a d100 excluding everything above 80 for this. Because I don't write for way too many fandoms. No.
2. Nier Automata
3. StreetPass games
WARNING: SPOILERS for Undertale and Nier Automata.
- I often discover stuff for the first time that's 30 years old. especially books, but these days even video games.
- I have less general knowledge than most people. especially for actual historical events but also popular media.
- things do not look/feel dated or clunky as a negative concept to me. they're just in a category that includes simpler things.
- this means I tend to just go into older stuff as I would newer stuff
- this means I do not like spoilers for older stuff
I've been feeling kinda not right in my head since I found out that Undertale is coming to the PS4, I dunno why exactly, it's just extreme sensitivity to anything that happens to a game I have mixed extreme good and bad reactions to. So I wrote fic to express it.
It's also a crossover with Earthbound and Nintendogs because why not.